Main Street Program
Welcome to the Lyons Main Street Program page!
Established in September, 2008 the Lyons Main Street Program (LMSP) is one of three Erie Canal communities designated as a National Trust Main Street™ community and is within the Western Erie Canal Main Street Program (WECMSP). The LMSP is proud to be selected as one of the first communities in the only regional National Trust Main Street™ in New York State.
The Lyons Main Street Program is a community based organization supported by community members. The LMSP is funded through business and industry pledges, private donations, and fund raisers as well as contributions from local government and Industrial Development Agencies. The LMSP is a 501(c) 6 organization. Contributions & donations are tax deductible for businesses as a business expense.
The Lyons Main Street Program provides:
- Consultation services and start-up assistance for new and existing businesses through partnerships with Lyons National Bank, Wayne County IDA, Wayne County Business Builders and SCORE.
- Works with local organizations to create a strong and growing business community.
- Organizes and coordinates volunteer clean-up and beautification projects along the Erie Canal and throughout the community.
- Promotes programs such as a realtor introduction to Lyons, a year round Shop Local program, and how to meet & greet visitors to our community and much more.
- Preservation and promotion of our historic buildings and rich heritage through educational programs, grant support and guidance.
- Sponsors the annual fall festival PumpkinPalooza held the 3rd Saturday in October.
Using the 4 point approach of the National Trust Main Street™ (now known as the Main Street Center™) the LMSP logged over 5000 plus volunteer hours for a community reinvestment of nearly $200,000.00.
For more information regarding the Lyons Main Street Program or if you wish to volunteer please contact us at 315-871-4220 or email email@example.com. Our office is located in a historical building at 70 William Street, Lyons, New York 14489.
You can also find us on Facebook.